Performance planner is a new option Google added recently in to Google ads. Performance planner Help you answer questions like
1. How my campaign perform if i spend more in next quarter
2. What can i do to take advantage of upcoming seasonal period
3. How can I maximise conversion by maintaining my target CPA or target ROAS
Google Ads Performance Planner lets you (a) Create a plan to see forecasts for your campaigns, (b) Explore your forecast by adjusting different campaign settings and (c) quickly implement changes prescribed by your plan.
This helps you see your campaigns’ projected monthly and quarterly performance, get suggestions that can help your campaigns perform better for the same spend and find out how your spend and performance goals are affected if you change your campaign settings.
What Does Performance Planner Do?
Performance Planner tells you, the advertiser, how to change your bids and budget to maximize a specific metric across your campaigns like
“If you increase spend by $X, you can increase clicks/conversions/conv. value by
In the final recommended plan, advertisers can see how much they could spend to maximize performance metrics: clicks, conversions, or conv. value. performance planner takes in to account billions of search queries and considers variables seasonality
competitors activity and uses machine learning to fine tune the forecast
How do you use Performance Planner?
Requirements: Below are the requirements listed on the Google support page:
How to do Forecast through Performance Planner
If you have eligible campaigns as mentioned above Go to Create a new plan
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon in the top-right corner, and then select Performance Planner.
- Click Create a plan, and then click Continue.
- If you already have a plan set up, click the plus button to create a new plan.
- Select the campaigns you’d like to include in your plan.
- It’s recommended that you choose campaigns that drive towards the same goal. Performance Planner works best by shifting budgets between multiple campaigns and optimizing for the campaigns that are expected to drive a higher return on investment.
- Can’t see your campaigns? Some campaigns may not be supported by Performance Planner.
- Click Next.
- Enter the date range and the key metric you’d like to see results for (for example, clicks, conversions, or conversion value).
- Optional: Enter a target (for example, spend, conversions, or cost per acquisition) for your plan. Entering a target lets Performance Planner move around your potential spend to help you achieve it.
- Click Continue to be taken to your plan forecast page
Benefits of Performance Planner
There are several features of this tool that I think you’ll find helpful:
The summary graph – It’s clean, clear, and dynamic. In the example below, you’ll see that I am viewing the line chart as “Most conversion value for spend”. However, you can change that setting to “Highest Conv. Value / spend”.
The before/after metric comparison table – The spend, key metric, and target metric are all segmented by “Existing” and “Planned” for each campaign. This is a great high-level view of where Google sees the potential for growth in your campaigns.
The Compare Tab – This feature allows you to see, in chart format, how your Plan projections stack up against your Existing settings and the past performance for the same time period. It’s visually appealing in that it’s simple and insightful. I can easily see, in this example, that my Plan spend is making a much larger jump than the Plan revenue which lowers the ROAS drastically (though ROAS is still above the target I set).
changes will not take place unless you implement them by downloading file and uploading through Google Ad words editorHi You Can Access All My Digital Marketing Videos for Free. Visit My YouTube Channel
You Can Access all Digital marketing Videos on My YouTube Channel. You can Access Website Designing, SEO, Google Ads, Social media Markeitng Videos. Most of the Live projects also explianed in the videos. This is helpful for studnets who are applying for jobs. These videos also help business people who want to improve their performance. These videos also help Poeple who already working on Digital Marketing and still have questions. I will be adding more and more videos.