Lookalike audience is very good if you want to reach more people who are similar to your existing cusotmers. If you are medium and big advertiser it is always good idea to use lookalike audience. Small companies it is not good idea to target lookalike audience because their budget is very less. But if you compromise on budget there is possiblity that you can get good conversions. make sure that just use 1% of lookalike audience
You can create a Lookalike Audience based on
- People who like your Page
- Conversion pixels
- Any of your existing Custom Audiences.
About Lookalike Audiences
A Lookalike Audience is a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your business because they’re similar to your best existing customers.
When you create a Lookalike Audience, you choose a source audience (a Custom Audience created with information pulled from your pixel, mobile app or fans of your Page). We identify the common qualities of the people in it (for example, demographic information or interests). Then, we deliver your ad to an audience of people who are similar to (or “look like”) them.
You can choose the size of a Lookalike Audience during the creation process. Smaller audiences more closely match your source audience. Creating a larger audience increases your potential reach, but reduces the level of similarity between the Lookalike Audience and source audience. We generally recommend a source audience with between 1,000 to 50,000 people. Source quality matters too. For example, if a source audience is made up of your best customers rather than all your customers, that could lead to better results.
Additional information About lookalike Auidence
Here are some additional bits of information to consider when creating Lookalike Audiences.
- Your Lookalike Audience will only include people from the country/countries that you select during creation.
- Your source audience must contain at least 100 people from a single country in order for us to use it as the basis for a Lookalike Audience.
- You can create up to 500 Lookalike Audiences from a single source audience.
- People in your source audience will be excluded from your Lookalike Audience unless you use a pixel as your source audience.
- You can use multiple Lookalike Audiences at the same time for a single ad set. The ad set will target your ads to people who are in any of the selected Lookalike Audiences.
Create a Lookalike Audience
A Lookalike Audience is a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your business because they’re similar to your best existing customers. Read more about Lookalike Audience.
Before you beginTo create a Facebook Lookalike Audience, you must be the admin of the Page or pixel you’re creating it from.If you’re making a Lookalike Audience from a Custom Audience, you need to have the role of Admin, Advertiser or Analysis on the Ad account.If you’re creating a Lookalike Audience from mobile app installs information, you have an administrator or a developer role in the app.
How to create a Facebook Lookalike Audience
- Go to your Audiences
- Click the Create audience drop-down and choose Lookalike Audience.
- Choose your source.Notes:
- A source can be a Custom Audience not created with your pixel data, your mobile app data or fans of your Page
- Consider using a group of 1,000 to 50,000 of your best customers based on lifetime value, transaction value, total order size or engagement.
- Choose the country/countries where you’d like to find a similar set of people.
- Choose your desired audience size with the slider.
- Click Create Audience.
You can also create a Lookalike Audience during ad creation in Ads Manager.
Bear in mind that:
- It may take 6 to 24 hours for your Lookalike Audience to be created. After that, it will refresh every three to seven days as long as you’re still actively targeting ads to it.
- You don’t need to wait for your Lookalike Audience to update to use it for ad targeting.
- You can see when your Lookalike Audience was updated by visiting your Audience Manager page and looking at the date under the Availability column