As we all know that youtube is a great platform for all the age groups to showcase their talent. Here are some tips and tricks regarding the youtube. Youtube helps us in monitoring the performance of our channel and videos with up-to-date metrics and reports in Youtube Analytics by providing us different reports like the Watch time, Traffic Sources, and the Demographics reports.
Getting to know YouTube analytics is crucial if you want to make the most of your YouTube channel. By quantifying the successes and failures of your videos, you can here have many opportunities to provide value to your subscribers and keep them engaged.
In this article, we are going to help you by teaching you about the youtube analytics ina step by step process. So, Let’s get started…
How to use YouTube analytics
- Log into your YouTube account.
- Click the profile icon in the top right, then Creator Studio, next to the cogwheel icon.
- This will bring you to the Creator Studio dashboard—you should see some basic analytics in the middle of your screen (Watch time, Views, Subscribers, and Estimated revenue—more on these later).
4. To the left of this panel, you’ll see a menu. Click Analytics to navigate to the main Youtube analytics dashboard.
General features of the YouTube analytics panel
Each analytics page’s Overview header features drop-down menus on the right. This is where you can narrow down the time period for the data you’re examining.
Default settings show the last 28 days, but you can change them to whatever suits your needs. Depending on the analytics page, you can also filter by continent or country for specific geographical insights.
If you ever want to crunch numbers yourself, you can export datasets as Excel or CSV text files using the Export report button in the top right.
Finally, if you’re ever confused about what an option means in YouTube, look out for the small grey question mark icon. Click it to reveal a helpful tooltip!
Youtube metrics: What to measure to improve video performance
YouTube video analytics features three main sections: Revenue reports, Watch time reports, and Interaction reports.
Let’s check out Watch time reports first. This is where you’ll find some of the most commonly discussed stats, including watch time, views, and retention.
The Watch time report compiles data from your YouTube channel, the individual videos on your channel, and any engagement from YouTube’s mobile apps.
Here’s a quick summary of the most important watch time analytics on YouTube, and the questions and the answers:
- Watch time: how long are people watching my videos? How many views do I have?
- Audience retention: how consistently are people watching my videos? When are people interacting with my content? When do they stop watching?
- Demographics: who’s watching my videos? What countries are my views coming from
- Playback locations: where are people actually playing my videos?
- Traffic sources: where are people discovering my videos?
- Devices: what percentage of my views come from desktop, mobile, or elsewhere?
The above image refers to Youtube Analytics.
We will now go deeper by knowing about each element in the analytics
OVERVIEW: You can here find Audience retention, Realtime activity, likes v/s dislikes and through this, we can track the performance of our videos.
REACH: Information about your videos like Impressions, Clicks, youtube search, bell notifications information, where your videos are suggested, etc you can track here.
ENGAGEMENT: This is similar to that of reach.
AUDIENCE: Here you can see the watch hours subscribers, your target age, etc.
Revenue: Here you can see your Revenue sources like ad types, Youtube Premium.
PlayLists: If you want to reach more people, try to create more playlists.
You can see the analytics of each and every video of yours like this.
Analytics: Track your Views, Watch hours, Subscribers, Revenue.Real-time here.
Comments: Youtube follows 3C formula
Conversation, Connect, Conversion.
Copyright: Track who are Copying your videos and take action on them.
Monetization: Monetize your channel through Video ads, memberships, super chats.
Audio Library: You can download and use from the library (no copyrights required)
If you have any doubts feel free to watch our youtube video: